June Session Highlights
- Discussion centered on the budget shortfall and the need to be candid with our congregation that deep cuts will probably be made in the not-so-distant future. Cost-saving measures (short term solutions) were discussed as was growing membership (long term solutions) and how each impact the other. Session is wrestling with what cost-saving measures must be employed.
- The office administrator job description was approved. It has not been decided if we will hire someone at this time.
- New office hours were approved: 9 A.M. – noon Monday – Thursday until we have an office administrator,and once someone is hired, the office will also be open from 1 – 4 P.M.
- The April – June Deacon minutes were reviewed.
- A written report from the 27 May Presbytery Assembly was received.
- There will be an all-church potluck on Sunday, 13 July after service.
- Twenty debt campaign interview letters were sent to randomly selected church members. Twelve interviews have been scheduled,four requested to complete the on-line questionnaire instead, and six have not responded as yet.
- The Stewardship Committee has been organized. Bruce Larson will be the chair, assisted by Cleve Dixon, Sue Hatfield, Cheryl Wetzel and several congregation members yet to be named.
- The next session meeting will be on 10 July at 7 P.M. in the Celebration Center.